Sunday, March 16, 2014

WEEK 2 AT THE MTC!

Things are SO MUCH better now that the first week is OVER!!! The first week, I have to say, was the absolute hardest week of my life. There was so much adjusting!!! It was insane!! But now, I've adapted to the schedule, and I'm finally enjoying it! This p-day was even better than the last! We went to the temple this morning, and I did Sealings for the first time!!! We could only stand in as children, cuz we're missionaries, but the Spirit really was so strong!!! It was amazing to have the chance to perform the highest ordinance in the temple for those who never had the chance!!

We went to Brigham's Landing today, a little strip of restaurants and fun things, and I had a burger, and it was delicious. The problem with the MTC, is that they try to feed you all these not so yummy gourmet meals, when all we really want is some chicken nuggets. But it's still great to have food prepared for us:) 

Our first investigator, Mateo, is now our teacher, Hermano Angel!!! And seriously, he's hysterical. He's like a mixture between Jimmy Fallon and Harry Connick Jr. Best combo in the world. We have to teach lessons almost every day now, including tonight. It's crazy. The last lesson we taught, we tried to do it without using books for sentence guidance and such, just going off from what little Spanish we know, and let's just say, it didn't make much sense and we were laughing the whole time because either Hermana Baker or I would say something, and the other would just repeat what had just been said, cuz we can't understand each other and our broken Spanish. Our teacher stared at us like we were idiots hahahahha. But my Spanish definitely has grown in the past two weeks. 
We joined the choir, and it's been amazing!! Yesterday we sang at the Devotional 'As I Survey the Wondrous Cross' which is SUCH a beautiful hymn, and I recommend everyone listen to it. I got a close up on the Megatron like 3 times (I felt so famous) 

But things here are going good!! Time has flown but not enough. and I'm so ready to actually get out on the field and finally get to Argentina!!!! :)

Love you!

Con amor,
Hermana Edwards


No comments:

Post a Comment