Wednesday, March 19, 2014

LIVIN' ON A PRAYER





Ohhh we're halfway there....

I'm so done with the MTC hahahhahha. It's so monotonous. But it's almost over! DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA.

The past couple days, there have been CRAZY windstorms. Like, leaves in my mouth windstorms. Es fantastic. Provo weather is ten times more bipolar than Kaysville weather. 

So, our zone has been drastically reduced to 11 people total. The other half of our zone left for Mexico on Monday :( And we didn't get any new people in our zone this week. 
Today has been the craziest day ever. So, we go to the temple and do initiatories, and it was wonderful. But then, as we got off the bus at West Campus, Hermana Baker realized that she left her bag at the bus stop. So we have to go all the way back and find it. We started freaking out cuz we couldn't see it on the bench where she left it. So we ran over to security, and luckily they had it. Good thing there's honest people around here!! And the fact that there's a temple right across the street from the bus stop... 

Anyways, we go all the way back to campus, and walk to Brigham's Landing to have lunch (we had burgers and it was awesome) After that, Hermana Baker had a chiropractic appointment, and so we took a shuttle to the office. We sat in there for literally 40 minutes after her appointment time, and then I had enough and told them off hahahahah. So 2 and a half hours later, we're waiting for our shuttle, which takes ANOTHER 20 minutes, and we have to go to main campus again to schedule another appointment for her. Our shuttle leaves us, and we go to the bus stop ONCE MORE. A bus finally comes by, but we didn't realize that it wasn't a missionary authorized bus. We asked the driver if it was okay for missionaries to hop on, and if he could take us to Wyview, and he said "Sure, I'll get you there, no problem!" 30 minutes later, and we're nearly in Orem. We came to a station where the drivers switched. But, we had the opportunidad to speak with two twin brothers from GHANA!!! So cool!!! And then a lady from Peru got on, and she spoke like two words of English. So, I decided to talk to her, and we introduced ourselves and had a nice conversation till the new experienced driver brought us back to our apartments. No time for dinner if I want to write emails hahaha. 

Anyways, that was our fantastic P-day adventure. HOLLA. 

We started TRC last week, which was AWESOME. We taught a member in Spanish, and then we started teaching someone named Nayeli (she's our progressing investigator, and they don't tell us weather or not they're members AHHH) The gift of tongues tho. There were things I was able to say that I had no idea I knew the word for. It was so cool. She started crying when I bore my testimony. The Spirit is so strong, no matter the language. 

Anyways, only a couple more weeks, then I'll be in Argentina!!!! I'm so excited!! It's fun here (sometimes) but I realize that it's necessary for me to get the training I need. 

Love you guys!!

Con amor,
Hermana Edwards





No comments:

Post a Comment