Monday, September 8, 2014

Springtime, Divisions and Nacho Libre

This week went by even faster than the last!!! It´s almost Springtime
here. The mosquitos are coming out again (joy) but the weather is
really pretty!! Hermana Sosa and I get along very well and we´ve had
some awesome lessons this past week!!! But the only sad thing is that
our work didn´t reflect at church yesterday. None of our investigators
showed. It´s been a little hard lately, but we keep pushing on. We
have divisions (starting tonight) One of the Sister Training Leaders
(Hermana Foutz-from the States HOLLA) is going to come here and work
with me for a couple of days while Hermana Sosa is going to work with
the other hermana in Junin. I think divisions are so fun!!! And we
learn so much!! In campo they´re always longer (almost a week long)
because all of the cities are so far away. In Buenos Aires they always
last for a day. Ours should go till Friday! We have transfers in a
couple weeks, I´m REALLY hoping I´ll get to stay in Chivilcoy. But I
don´t know. 28 new missionaries are entering the mission, and there
are going to be a lot of changes. But whatever happens happens!! And
it´s all for the better and benefit of those who need it most.

We had a wonderful conference with President González of the Seventy.
He was inspired (of course) I asked how we could help people who have
a pre-existing knowledge of our church, better understand and gain a
testimony of Joseph Smith. Usually a lot of people have doubts about
Joseph, and it´s usually hardest thing for people to accept. President
González emphasized the importance of utilizing the Book of Mormon
more while we teach!!! He said that if they have a true testimony of
the Book of Mormon, then they will have a testimony of Joseph Smith in
return. Now, as a mission, we are going to learn more and more about
how to teach using the scriptures. Sometimes we use the pamphlets and
forget just how important the Book of Mormon is in the conversion
process, and also in retaining a testimony of the gospel. I have
gained such a testimony of the power of the Book of Mormon. Before my
mission, I read everyday. But more than anything it was because I HAD
to. Like I was obligated to do so. But now, I have such a great love
for the scriptures!!! I look forward to reading them every day! When
you read the Book of Mormon with real intent to learn and understand,
that´s when the heavens open up and we come to a whole new level of
understanding!!! I love it!!

Love you all!!!!!


Also, in the micro bus on the way back from Lujan, we had a Karaoke
sesh, and I sang Nacho Libre in front of my whole zone. Good day.


Con amor,
Hermana Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment