Monday, May 19, 2014

Saving people. Finding things. The Missionary business.

Soooo, this week has definitely been an interesting week!! First off, we found this kitten at the capilla the other day. And it´s the absolute cutest thing in the world. It has the biggest green eyes and the fluffiest fur and it reminds me of my cat Princess from when I was a wee bairn. And she´ll just sit in your arms like a baby and purr and it´s adorbs. We named her Lulu. We see her there almost everytime we go to the chapel, so now she is officially the church cat. 

Now for the story of the week, since last week was kinda lacking. So, we came out from a cita (appointment) late for our next, and so we RAN as fast as we could so we could get there no less than 15 minutes late. Hermana Parrish decided we should take a different street to get there, one we NEVER take, and as we were rushing down the street, we pass two women talking, one middle aged lady, and one cute older abolita. Hermana Parrish overheard the middle aged lady say "I have a hernia, I can´t lift anything." So we stopped in our tracks and we walked up to the little abolita and asked if we could help with anything, and the look on her face was so completely horrified. She was breathing really hard. I couldn´t understand what she was saying because she was talking so fast. When I asked Hermana Parrish what was up, she said "Someone fell down." WHAT IS THIS A RANGER CAUGHT OFF HIS GUARD. CNA MODE ON. So we took little abolita by her arms (who we later learned was named M_____), and she led us inside where her friend was on the ground in this dark bedroom. We turned on the lights and found that it was another older lady. We ran to her side and I did all the normal procedures and I checked to see if she was injured (she hit her head), and all the sudden these two men walk into the house to help!!!! Hermana Parrish spurts off to them (about me) "¡Ella es una infermera!" ("She is a nurse!") And I try to tell them how best to lift her, because I couldn´t do it by myself. After we finally got her into her chair, I checked her pulse and Hermana Parrish sat next to M_____, the other abolita, and calmed her down because her respirations were off the charts. Hermana Parrish is a CAPA!! She handled that situation like a pro!!! She was super calm, and the fact that she somehow knew to go down that street at that time was a miracle. We spent a good hour with these cute ladies, until their caretaker came back to them. They´re now investigators!!! They thought we were angels come to save them. It was such a crazy experience. I´m so grateful that we passed at just the right moment to be able to help them. It´s amazing how the Lord works. 

B____ was baptized on Saturday, and it was amazing. I could see in her eyes as she came out of the water that she knew this was the right thing to do. Every single day I learn more and more about the reality of this Gospel. I knew it was true before. But now I KNOW. How could I deny something so pure and so true in every concept, while I have witnessed the power of conversion by the Spirit with my own eyes? This Gospel is true. I know it´s true. I love this work, and I am so grateful to be a part of it. I love you all so so much!!! Thank you for all of your support!!

Con amor,
Hermana Edwards

 Baptism this week!


District Activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment