Monday, June 30, 2014

Fields, greyhounds and excuses......

Hola from Chivilcoy!!!! Things here are going great!!! I love it out here in campo. Sometimes we´ll go riding on the dirt roads, and there´s just miles and miles of fields and grass and trees and it´s absolutely gorgeous. The people here are so receptive and kind. There´s a giant, European style Catholic church a few blocks away from our apartment, and every morning and evening they sound their church bells, and we can hear it as we study. It´s remarkable. There´s a giant plaza with a park full of statues and trees and shops of every kind line the streets. I literally feel like I´m in Europe. The weather is cold in the morning and at night, but in the middle of the day, it´s perfect!!! We eat dinner every Thursday with an older member, who was a professional chef in the United States for 30 years!!! And she speaks really good English!!!  They do greyhound racing here. So there are greyhounds running around EVERYWHERE around here. A ton of Collies too (which I know my sweet Nanna would LOVE:)
I wasn´t able to attend the baptisms of J____ and F_______ on Saturday, because we´re so far away and the traveling fee is so high, but I was there in spirit:) And we had the baptism of our sweet investigator E____, who´s a 66 year old man who just loves his life. I look up to him so so much. He had a hip replacement a few years ago and his leg hurts ALL of the time, but yet he finds it in himself to leave his house at 5 in the morning, and walk miles through the pouring rain and muddy roads to make it to church at time. He is amazing.

His example reminds me that there can´t be any excuses. We have so much that has been given to us, and we have to use it to our advantage to serve others, and to serve God. E____ goes to church every week because he knows and says that "God will help me." It´s as simple as that. His faith extends beyond words. And that´s what we need to remember and utilize every single day. Because we were given the chance to hear this gospel, we need to live it and share it. It´s the least we can do for our Father in Heaven who has done everything for us. Mosiah 4:11! I know this gospel is true. Every day I gain testimony of the surety of this course. I love this work with all my heart!! I´m so blessed to be here in this beautiful country of Argentina. Every night I go to bed with a smile on my face:)
Love you all!!
Con amor, 
Hermana Edwards



No comments:

Post a Comment