Monday, July 28, 2014

Steadfast and Immovable

This week was one of the hardest weeks so far.
It started out on Tuesday, where it RAINED LIKE A FOOL ALL DAY LONG. We had those giant rain pancho things on, but it didn´t do much by the end of the day. TURNS OUT that now I have gripe (a cold) and a gnarly eye infection. I was stuck in bed for a good day, and we couldn´t finish our key indicators. No one would recieve us. Slammed doors in our faces, time after time (good song) FREEZING cold. And we weren´t the only ones. The WHOLE mission struggled this week. The weather has been a killer. Then, yesterday morning, we got a call from the assistants. Since the last flash transfer I was a part of, I´ve learned to dread calls from the assistants. BUT it turned out to be good news!!!! We received a new companion!!! Now we´re a trio-at least until Hermana Bangerter leaves in a couple weeks:( - with Hermana Sosa!!! (her first name is G_____ and I love it) She´s 25, and has been on her mission for 13 months!!! And she´s from EL SALVADOR!!! Now I´ve finally broken the chain of having only companions from Utah. She´s a sweetheart, and we´re so excited to get to know her more!!! 


Things we find


I would absolutely love to talk more about our sweet recent convert E____, the 66 year old man with a hip replacement who walks forever in the morning to get to church. He went to the temple to do baptisms for the dead the other week. Now we tell him that he has newly baptized friends on the other side of the veil that he´ll have the chance to meet one day. I wish I could capture his smile when we tell him that. He´s the first member to church every week. He sets up all of the sacrament meeting chairs. He has the Aaronic Priesthood too. He´s been a member for a month now, and has already made such an impact on the church. On me too. He is such an example to me of what it takes to truly be steadfast and immovable, always abounding in good works. We went to visit him the other day, in his humble little home (which he built himself. Such a capo) and he brought out for us una tarta de membrilla (a pie) He said "I knew you were coming, so I went to the Panaderia and bought this for you!" This man has practically no money to his name, and he thought to buy us a nice pie. I can´t get over how remarkable this man is. So let´s all go and try to be steadfast and selfless like E____. Let´s go about our days with a heart full of service and an eye single to the glory of God. Maybe then we can find the same happiness that E____ has. He has nothing, but in reality, he has everything.




Con amor,
Hermana Edwards


No comments:

Post a Comment