Monday, August 4, 2014

Sleepover's, leadership, and the Atonement

This week was pretty dang eventful. We had Zone Meeting on Tuesday. We
hold Zone meetings once a transfer. Since we´re in campo and
everything is SO far away, all of the hermana´s in our zone came and
stayed the night in our apartment the night before. It was like a
giant sleepover (except for the fact that they all arrived at
different times in the middle of the night)

Our mission rules have changed completely. Before, we had key
indicators and percentages. We had to get this si o si, every single
week: 8 new investigators, 8 lessons with members, 7 other lessons, 8
references recieved, 10 references contacted, and 70 contacts in the
streets. But now we set our own goals every single week according to
the specific needs of our area, and try our best to complete them.
Some HUGE changes, and I´m sure we´ll be seeing more with time. Right
after Zone Meeting, we did DIVISIONS. I have never done divisions my
ENTIRE mission, so it was a bit daunting. Hermana Bangerter went with
one of the Sister Training Leaders to Junin, and Hermana Sosa and I
were to stay behind and work in Chivilcoy with our other Sister
Training Leader, Hermana Ramos (who is also from El Salvador) I HAD TO
LEAD THE AREA. It was like being the senior companion for a day. And
now I truly understand what it´s like to be a missionary completely
focused on the work and nothing else, because I had to take us
EVERYWHERE, I had to make all of the calls and confirm all of our
lessons and write all the progression forms and everything. I did this
stuff before, but I always had a senior companion to fall back to for
help if I didn´t know what to do. But it was a fantastic learning
experience! I learned to have more self confidence in myself, as a
missionary and as a person in general.

I only have a week and a half left until Hermana Bangerter goes home
(when I will also bawl like a baby cuz she´s one of my best friends in
the entire world) and I´ll start leading this area with Hermana Sosa.
But now I have more faith and trust in myself, and also in the Lord.

The only rough thing about this whole situation was traveling in the
middle of the night on the Nightbus for 2 hours to Junin to pick
Hermana Bangerter up, and then sleeping on the floor of their
apartment for an hour, and traveling 2 hours back only to arrive home
an hour before 6:30am when we would have to wake up to start the day.
I´m still recuperating. MISSION LIFE IS THE BOMB.

I wanted to share a quote from the 2012 General Conference talk by
Jeffrey R. Holland (my relative yo) entitled "The Laborers in the
Vineyard."

"...however late you think you are, however many chances you think you
have missed, however many mistakes you feel you have made or talents
you think you don’t have, or however far from home and family and God
you feel you have traveled, I testify that you have not traveled
beyond the reach of divine love. It is not possible for you to sink
lower than the infinite light of Christ’s Atonement shines."

The Atonement is real. I knew it before, but now I truly KNOW. I have
seen it work miracles with people who were so deep in despair, and
just as it seemed as if there was no turning back, the light of the
atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ shines in and rescues them. I´ve
seen it work miracles in the lives of others. In my life too. And I´m
so grateful for this opportunity that I have to share the message of
this blessing to these people. I love you all so much!!

Con amor,
Hermana Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment