Monday, December 29, 2014

Feliz Navidad!

FELIZ NAVIDAD, PROSPERO AÑO Y FELICIDAD. I WANNA WISH YOU A MERRY
CHRISTMAS FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.


Hermana Edwards on Skype Christmas day


But really, I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas all of you. I
know I did. It was such a blessing to have the opportunity to speak
with my family on Christmas. To hear them and see that all that stuff
at home is REAL. Sometimes it´s hard to imagine it when everything is
behind a computer screen. it was such a special experience, and every
time it happens it is something that I hold closely to my heart.
Christmas in the mission is something very unexplainable. It didn´t
feel like Christmas physically at all. 90 degrees farenheit and 100%
humidity, little to no decorations. Fireworks. It felt more like the
4th of July than Christmas. We did get fruitcake though!!! But the
fact that we were there on the mission in Argentina on Christmas, far
from home, doing the Lord´s work, made this what I am going to
remember as one of the most special Christmas´s in my life. A
Christmas completely centered on Christ and family. I don´t know if I
could say I really had one of those before. My mind always turned
elsewhere in some point of the Christmas day. But this time, when
Christ and family was in the forefront of my mind the entire day, it
felt like Christmas on the inside. It was very special, and definitely
something I will never forget, nor take for granted. I hope that
everyone was able to enjoy their Christmas, near or far from home, and
that you all will have a great, Happy New Year!!! I´ll see you all
this year!!! Just 8 more months!!!!

Con amor,
Hermana Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment