Monday, July 27, 2015

Paperwork, diligence and doing what's right…..

This week was great!!! We went to Buenos Aires for paperwork (so I can leave the country without a problem) and it was beautiful! The last time I went was about a year ago, and even so, so many things have changed!

Our investigators, S____ and O___, both went to church yesterday and they loved it!! They both should be (hopefully) baptized this month, based off of their progress. O___ is a miracle actually!!! Her twin daughters are both members, and she used to go to church with them a few years ago. She wasn`t even baptized, but she STILL paid her tithing!! What an example! But about a year ago, her husband passed away, and the whole family became inactive. But we`ve established contact again, and we have so much faith that things will work out for the better for this sweet mother and her daughters!! 

Lately, we`ve been seeing the fruits of working diligently, and it`s something that I really want to strive to use after my mission too. To work hard even though I don`t think I can anymore, and especially when I don`t want to. Because it`s right, even if it`s hard. The Gospel, to some, appears hard to live. It is. We are required to do much, because we have been given much. But once we start truly living the Gospel and loving it, that is when the windows of heaven open up and allows us to see the blessings that come from it. That`s when we begin to see the fruits of our labors. Sometimes as I`m walking through the streets, I become discouraged by the lack of success or by how tired I am. But then I think of the reason why I`m here and why I`m doing this, and it guides me along the way. But that doesn`t mean it becomes perfectly easy. It just gives me that additional faith and courage to keep going. Life is the same. We live the Gospel, not just because we understand everything, not just for all of the blessings we`ll recieve, but because it is the right thing to do. Even if we doubt. Heavenly Father promises us great blessings when we act without necesity of perfect understanding.  "Therefore, blessed are they who humble themselves 
without being compelled to be humble; or rather, in 
otherwords, blessed is he that believeth in the word of Godand is baptized without stubbornness of heart, yea, 
without being brought to know the word, or even 
compelled to know, before they will believe." Alma 32:16

I know that this is true. With all my heart. This is why I`m here. To serve God. And because I know that it`s right. 

I love you all so much!!! See you in a few weeks!!

Con amor,
Hermana Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment